This one goes out to the heroes who found new ways to make this year bright. This hearty recipe folds roasted veggies into a bed of creamy guacamole. It’s a whole harvest on a slice of seven-grain bread, including butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, hemp hearts, yum, and more yum.
- 2 ea. 7-Grain bread, slices
- 1 t. Hemp hearts
- Roasted Vegetables
- 1 c. Brussels sprouts, shaved
- 1/2 c. Butternut squash, diced
- 1 t. Avocado oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1/2 t. Lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF degrees.
- Foil a medium baking sheet.
- For the Brussels sprouts and butternut squash: In a medium bowl, add Brussels sprouts and butternut squash, avocado oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss until well combined. Evenly distribute mixture onto baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, or until desired crispness.
- In a toaster, toast bread to desired crispness.
- In a small bowl, mash avocados and stir in lemon juice. Salt to taste.
- Add roasted Brussels sprouts and butternut squash to guacamole. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly distribute guacamole onto slices of toast, sprinkle with hemp hearts and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!