These vegetarian tacos are full of flavor and deeply satisfying. The meaty texture of mushrooms combined with onions and peppers creates a blend of flavors that mixes well with cottage cheese.
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 ea. white onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 ea. poblano pepper, deseeded and cut into very thin strips
- 1 c. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. cottage cheese or crumbled queso fresco
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, cut into thin slices
- 8 ea. corn tortillas
- Salt to taste
- In a frying pan add the oil and once hot, add onion, poblano peppers, and mushrooms and let brown over low heat. Add a little water to avoid burning.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add cottage cheese and season with a little salt.
- Warm tortillas.
- To assemble tacos: First place a slice of avocado on the warmed tortilla followed by a little of the prepared mixture. Serve as is or accompanied by refried beans.