- 6 ea. egg whites
- 4 ea. basil leaves
- 1 ea. small potato, steamed and sliced thinly
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, thinly sliced
- 1/2 ea. shallot
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 t. fresh garlic
- Heat the oil in a 9" skillet at medium heat and sauté the shallot until golden.
- Place the steamed potato slices on top of the shallots and garlic and allow to cook until slightly crispy and golden.
- Place the basil leaves on top of the potatoes and then pour the egg whites into the skillet. Let cook into a “tortilla”. Once set, remove from the heat and cut into 4 triangular pieces. Top each slice with 2 thin avocado slices and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!