- 4 ea. tomatillos
- Grape-seed oil as needed
- 4 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 3 ea. key limes, juiced
- 1 oz. mezcal
- 1/2 c. Spanish onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ea. pint of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 ea. Habanero chile, minced (substitute with Serrano chile)
- 1/4 c. cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss tomatillos with grape-seed oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and cook until the skin is charred.
- Place roasted tomatillos in to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados to desired consistency.
- Fold in lime juice, mezcal, onions, tomatoes, chiles, cilantro, and puréed tomatillos until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!