Chicken breasts marinated with lime, olive oil and rosemary give these tacos great flavor. Served with a guacamole made with charred garlic, corn and grape tomatoes, the combination of flavors in this dish is mouth-watering. A great lunch, dinner or brunch!
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1-1/4 t. salt, divided
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T. fresh rosemary, chopped, or 1/4 t. dried
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 ea. garlic cloves, charred or roasted with skin on, then peeled and minced
- 1 ea. jalapeño, charred or roasted, stemmed, and chopped (seeding optional)
- 3/4 c. corn kernels (can use fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 3/4 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 10-12 ea. corn tortillas
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of the lime juice, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry; place in a bowl.
- Add lime and spices mixture and rub all over chicken; cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- In medium-sized pan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken; cook until brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes each side.
- Remove to cutting board; slice into diagonal strips about 1/2” wide.
- In a bowl, combine avocado, garlic, and jalapeño; toss gently.
- Add corn, tomatoes, and remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice; season with salt; mix gently.
- In skillet or comal over medium-low heat, heat tortillas until warm, about 1 minute each side.
- Place tortillas in a tortilla warmer or wrap in a clean kitchen towel.
- To serve, assemble tacos with guacamole and chicken at the table.