- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and cut in half
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped (remove seeds before cutting it to make it less spicy)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla or pita chips to serve
- In a medium bowl mash avocados with a fork without making it completely pure. Add the tomato, onion, chile, cilantro. Add the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper to taste. Mix gently, sprinkle with the cheese and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!