- 2 ea. medium sweet potatoes
- 10 ea. sweet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, diced
- 1 c. bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 c. canned corn, rinsed and drained
- Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, grated (optional) to taste
- Nonfat Greek yogurt or nonfat sour cream (optional) to taste
- Prepared tomato salsa or pico de gallo to taste
- Bake sweet potatoes:You can either place them in the microwave for 5-7 minutes (make sure to poke holes in the potato several times with a fork before placing in the microwave),or preheat oven to 350°F. Bake sweet potatoes for 45-60 minutes until fork-tender.
- Prepare topping for sweet potatoes: Dice tomatoes, avocados, peppers, and cilantro as well as the optional toppings as desired.
- Remove sweet potatoes from microwave or oven when fork-tender. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Cut the sweet potatoes in half and top with desired toppings.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!