- 2 c. rolled oats
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1 c. carrot, grated
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 ea. egg
- 1/2 ea. banana, very ripe
- 1/2 ea. red apple, grated
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. raw pumpkin seeds (also called pepitas) - to top the muffins
- 2 T. unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 2 T. dried apricots
- 2 T. raisins
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1-1/2 t. pumpkin spice
- 1-1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease tin and set aside.
- Place oats in blender and blend to a fine "flour." Add all dry ingredients into blender and blend until well combined (excluding coconut, which gets added to the wet ingredients).
- In a large bowl, mash avocado and banana until you have a creamy mixture. Add all other wet or fruit-based ingredients, including coconut. Stir until combined. Add oat flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Fill each muffin liner 3/4 of the way and scatter a few pumpkin seeds on top. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Cool on baking rack.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!