Recipe by Pati Jinich
Take your avocado toast up a level by adding a tasty garnish made with scallions, jalapeño and toasted sesame seeds. Cooked together, this topping will elevate your avocado toast game! Beyond adding delicious flavor, the avocado featured in this recipe also adds nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, making it a healthy choice to help meet nutrient needs.
- 2 ea. bread slices, toasted (or up to 4 slices)
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 t. vegetable oil
- 6 ea. scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts only
- 1 ea. jalapeño, chopped
- 1 t. sesame seeds
- 1 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the scallions and jalapeño and cook for a couple minutes until completely wilted.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds into the skillet and cook for another minute, until lightly toasted. Add the lime juice and season with salt to taste, stir, turn off heat.
- Add 3 to 4 slices of avocado to each piece of toast and mash gently with a fork. Top with the scallion, sesame and chile garnish.