- 2 ea. medium Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 4 T. light sour cream
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated (or spiralized)
- 2 ea. scallions, finely chopped
- 2 ea. jalapeño peppers, seeded, diced
- 2 ea. large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- Combine avocado, sour cream, and lime juice in a medium bowl and gently mash together. Cover and place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Stir together sweet potatoes, scallions, jalapeños, eggs, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches of 4, per latke, spoon 3 heaping spoonfuls of sweet potato mixture into oil and flatten slightly into pancake 1/2” thick.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until golden, about 1–1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer latkes with spatula to paper towels to drain. Serve with avocado mash.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!