- 1 lb. small shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2 ea. medium Avocados From Mexico, halved
- 2 ea. limes, juiced
- 3 ea. slices sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 ea. small jicama, diced
- 1 ea. jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely diced (optional)
- 1/2 c. fresh tomato juice
- 3 T. cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, onion, jicama, garlic, jalapeño, tomato juice and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate shrimp mixture for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, half and pit the avocados. Spoon marinated shrimp into the avocado halves, garnish with cilantro and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!