If you are singing the roast beef blues, try adding caramelized onions, Swiss cheese and an avocado horseradish sauce to get your tastebuds doing the tasty dance!
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, and skin removed
- 2/3 c. prepared horseradish
- 1 t. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 t. kosher salt
- 8 ea. slices rye bread
- 1-1/2 lb. thick-sliced roast beef
- 2 c. caramelized onions
- 8 ea. thick slices Swiss cheese
- 4 T. melted butter
- Prepare sauce: in a medium bowl, mash the avocado into a chunky paste. Stir in horseradish, white wine vinegar, and salt and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Warm a griddle over medium heat.
- Assemble sandwiches: on one slice of rye bread, spread 3 T. avocado horseradish, top with 1/2 lb. roast beef, 1/2 c. caramelized onions, and 2 slices Swiss cheese. Top with another piece of rye.
- Brush outsides of each sandwich with 1 T. melted butter and place on hot griddle. Grill and press down for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown, then flip and repeat until both sides are well toasted and cheese is melted.
- Slice sandwiches in half and serve with any remaining avocado horseradish sauce for dipping.