- 2 Avocados From Mexico
- 1 pound puff pastry (you can buy it already made)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to caramelize the puff pastry)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 slices of pineapple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- Spread out the puff pastry and cut it with a knife in the shape of eight half sandwiches.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and put the pieces of puff pastry on it. Sprinkle sugar on top and cover with another sheet of parchment paper. Put another baking sheet on top to keep the pastry from puffing up too much as it bakes.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven, preheated to 425 F. Bake for 10-15 minutes. When the pastry is ready, let it cool on a wire rack.
- Peel the avocados and remove the seeds. Put the avocados, lemon zest, lemon juice and 1 cup of sugar in a blender. Blend until creamy and put into a pastry bag. Put a little of the mixture on 4 of the pieces of puff pastry. Decorate with pineapple and mint leaves and cover with the other pieces of pastry.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!