- 2 ea. hatch green chiles, roasted
- 4 ea. slices of sourdough bread
- 2 ea. slices of smoked gouda cheese
- 2 ea. slices of part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. turkey breast deli meat, thinly sliced
- 1/2 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- 2 t. margarine spread
- Peel blistered skin and remove seeds from Hatch green chiles. Slice into strips.
- Spread margarine on one side of each slice of bread.
- To assemble, place bread margarine-side down. Layer gouda and mozzarella cheese, turkey, chiles, and avocados; cover with remaining slices of bread.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Place sandwich in skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until bread is browned and cheese is melted.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!