- 2 ea. whole grain bread slices
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. harissa
- Salt to taste
- Taste harissa, because spiciness can vary from brand to brand. Choose the amount desired based on heat level preference, which will probably vary between 1 and 3 tablespoons. Spread equally on one side of each bread slice. Add avocado slices, cheese and top with the other slice of bread.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once melted, place the sandwich in the skillet and top with a lid for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is starting to melt and the bottom is getting brown and crispy. Sprinkle the top with salt to taste, then remove from the skillet.
- Add the other tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Once melted, place the sandwich with the uncooked side down on the skillet and cover with the lid. Let cook for 2-3 minutes and lower the heat. Cook until the bottom is brown and crispy and the cheese has melted. Sprinkle the top with salt to taste, remove from heat and serve.