- 1/2 c. yogurt
- 1 t. garam masala
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 1 t. salt
- 1 ea. plum tomato, small dice
- 1/2 ea. roasted red pepper, small dice
- 1-2 oz. shaved almonds, roasted
- Garam Masala:
- 3 t. cinnamon
- 2 t. ground ginger
- 2 t. tumeric
- 2 t. coriander
- 1 t. ground clove
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. ground cardomom
- Garam Masala: In a small bowl, add all spices and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, add the yogurt, garam masala, and lemon zest until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados with the lemon juice and salt until chunky-smooth.
- Fold in the yogurt mixture, tomatoes, and red peppers. Garnish with shaved almonds.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!