Forget double meat, double cheese, and try double avocado! Mashed and freshly made with cheese tomatoes and onions, this avocado spread is an all-around win for your burger! Dress both buns with the spread and enjoy a tasty, fresh way to decorate your burger! Plus, the fresh avocado featured in this recipe is a heart-healthy fruit that provides naturally good fats, is low in saturated fat, is cholesterol-free and sodium-free.
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted & peeled
- 1/2 c. grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 c. onions, small dice
- 1/4 c. pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 t. salt, divided
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 4 ea. burger buns
- 4 ea. lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado. Stir in tomatoes, onions, cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Form the ground beef into 4 even patties; season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook burger patties to desired doneness.
- To assemble, spread avocado mixture on both halves of each bun. Place burger and lettuce on bottom bun; cover with top bun.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!