Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 1/4 c. pepitas (raw and hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. water
- 7 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 c. packed, coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 T. coarsely chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. whole grain mustard
- 2-1/2 lb. chayote squash, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- In a small pan set over low-medium heat, toast the pepitas, stirring occasionally, until they start making popping sounds and are very lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- In the jar of a blender, puree the oil, water, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, dill, avocado, pepper, salt and mustard, along with the toasted pepitas, until completely smooth.
- In a bowl, toss the julienned chayote squash with the avocado sauce. Garnish with some cilantro and dill and serve.