- 2 ea. brioche buns
- 2 ea. 6 oz. fillets of sole
- 1 c. lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced thinly
- 1 ea. egg
- 1/2 c. avocado oil
- 1/3 c. almond meal
- 4 T. tartar sauce
- Rinse the fish filets under cool water, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Spread the almond meal on a large plate.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and beat.
- Immerse each filet of fish into the egg. Let the excess drip away before dredging each filet in the almond meal, ensuring that both sides have an even layer of meal.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. The oil should be hot, but not smoking when you place the fish in the pan. Cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until the exterior is uniformly golden brown and crispy.
- While the fish is cooking, slice the buns and slather on tartar sauce. After the fish has cooked, remove from heat and place on a plate lined with a paper towel, allowing the towel to absorb excess oil. After approximately 30 seconds, remove the fish from the paper towel.
- Layer lettuce on bottom of bun and evenly distribute tartar sauce on top. Place hot fish fillet on top of sauce, add slices of avocado and top with other half of bun, plate and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!