- 1 ea. 5-ounce can of tuna in water, drained
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted & peeled
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. celery, finely chopped
- 2 T. green onions, finely chopped
- 1 T. sweet relish
- 4 ea. butter lettuce leaves
- 4 ea. slices whole grain bread
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with lemon juice. Add tuna, celery, green onions, and relish; mix until well combined.
- To assemble, spread tuna and avocado mixture onto 2 slices of bread. Top with lettuce and cover with remaining bread slices.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!