Looking for a cocktail with a kick? Start with blending lime juice and tomatillos, then add creamy avocado, soy sauce, horseradish, green chile sauce and jalapeño for a spicy, flavorful drink your guests are sure to remember! Plus, the fresh avocado featured in this recipe is a heart-healthy fruit that provides naturally good fats, is low in saturated fat, is cholesterol-free and sodium-free.
- For Beverage:
- 1/2 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 qt. tomatillos, husked, cleaned & halved
- 1 ea. very ripe Avocado From Mexico, peeled, pitted & chopped
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. prepared white horseradish, drained
- 1 T. green chili sauce
- 1 T. salt
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1 ea. jalapeño, seeded & chopped
- 3 c. vodka (optional)
- For Garnish:
- 24 ea. celery sticks, for garnish
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, peeled, pitted & halved, sliced into 24 thin slices
- 24 ea. slices red jalapeño pepper
- 24 ea. slices lemon
- Prepare Maria Verde base by combining lime juice and tomatillos in a blender and processing until smooth. Add avocado, soy sauce, horseradish, green chili sauce, salt, pepper, and jalapeño and blend until smooth. Add water until base is a drinkable consistency.
- For each serving, rim one cocktail glass with a mixture of salt and pepper. Add 4 ounces (1/2 c.) of Maria Verde base, 1 oz. (2 T.) vodka, and garnish with celery stick, avocado slice, jalapeño slice and lemon slice.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!