Freshen up your guac with sweet mango salsa and caramelized onion! With the additions of shredded pork and queso fresco, this guac is fresh, sweet and savory all at the same time! Add it atop crunchy tortilla chips and you will be saying "Muy deliciosa!"
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, cubed
- 1 c. Tortilla chips
- 1/2 c. Mango salsa
- 1/2 c. Pork, cooked, shredded
- 1/4 c. Yellow onion, caramelized
- 1/4 c. Queso fresco
- 1 t. Lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 lb. Pork loin
- 1 ea. Mango, peeled and diced
- 1 ea. Green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 ea. Habanero pepper, minced
- 2 T. Honey
- 2 T. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 ea. Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 t. Chili powder
- 1/4 t. Paprika
- 1/8 t. Orange peel, dried
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mango Salsa
- 1/2 ea. Mango, diced
- 1 T. Red onion, diced
- 1 T. Cilantro
- 1/2 t. Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 t. Lime juice
- For the pork: In a large crockpot, add pork loin, mango, bell pepper, yellow onion, habanero pepper, honey, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, paprika, and orange peel. Cook on low heat for approximately 8 hours or until the pork can easily pull apart and salt and pepper to taste.
- For the mango salsa: In a small bowl, add mango, onion, cilantro, apple cider vinegar and lime juice. Stir until well combined.
- In a small bowl, slice avocados into cubes and stir in lime juice. Salt to taste.
- Add mango salsa, pork, caramelized onion and queso fresco to guacamole mixture and gently stir until well combined.
- On a large plate, evenly distribute tortilla chips and top with guacamole.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!