Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, mashed
- 1 t. mayonnaise
- 2 t. yellow mustard
- 1 t. sauce from chipotles in adobo sauce, optional, or more to taste
- 4 ea. sandwich bread slices, whole wheat or white
- 4 ea. slices of black forest ham, thinly sliced (or ham or turkey of your choice)
- 4 ea. slices of muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- To make the avocado sandwich spread: In a bowl, mash the avocado and mix with the mayonnaise, mustard and the sauce from the chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, untilcompletely smooth and combined.
- To assemble the sandwich rolls: With a rolling pin, roll out each sandwich bread slice until completely flattened. Leaving at least 1 inch around the edges of the flattened bread, spread a generous tablespoon of the avocado sandwich spread and top with a slice of ham and cheese. Roll up the sandwich and pat to flatten a bit with your hand once you are done. With a sharp knife, cut the ends of the sandwich roll (less than 1/4") and cut the sandwich roll in half, diagonally.
- If sending them to school, send as is and lay them on their side. If you are eating them at home, you can place them in the toaster oven for 2 to 3 minutes and stand them up on the cut flat side, making a couple of towers.