- 1 ea. boxed brownie mix (18-20 oz)
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, mashed (to replace oil from boxed mix; 1:1)
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 2 T. milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 t. peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven according to the package directions.
- Using a 24-count nonstick mini muffin pan, spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, replacing vegetable oil with an equal amount of mashed, ripe avocado. Add in 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in addition to avocado to maintain moisture.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes until done. Set aside to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- To prepare frosting, combine powdered sugar, butter, milk, peppermint extract, and food coloring in a bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat all ingredients for 3 to 4 minutes until light and fluffy. Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool.
- Remove cooled brownies from mini muffin tin and frost each with 2 tablespoons of frosting.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!