- 2 ea. hot dog buns
- 2 ea. hot dogs
- 2/3 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/4 c. sauerkraut
- 1/2 c. tomatoes, chopped
- 2 T. mayonnaise
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl until smooth, then season to taste with salt.
- In a small pot, bring water to a rolling boil, then carefully place the hot dogs into the pot one by one. Boil the hot dogs for 6 minutes and remove from heat.
- Warm the hot dog buns in microwave or heat in skillet. If using a skillet, heat to medium, open hot dog bun and place inside of bun on skillet. Let toast for 30-60 seconds and flip. Toast for another 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Place one hot dog in each bun, then evenly distribute tomatoes and sauerkraut. Evenly distribute the mashed avocado between the hot dogs, spreading until smooth on top. Finish each hot dog with a tablespoon of mayonnaise on top and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!