Looking for a way to jazz up your hotdog for the big game or summer BBQ? Try this fresh avocado relish! Made with crunchy sweet bell pepper, apple cider vinegar and tasty onions, this topper adds a fresh flare to your dog! Plus, it can be used to top burgers, grilled chicken sandwiches and more! The healthy avocado featured in this recipe is a good source of fiber (11% of the DV) and is a great way to add variety to your diet.
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 3/4 c. sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 c. onion, chopped
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. ground red pepper
- 8 ea. hot dogs, Knockwurst, or other fully cooked sausage
- 8 ea. hot dog buns
- To prepare Avocado Relish: In a small bowl, combine bell pepper, onion, vinegar, sugar, salt, and ground red pepper. Gently fold in avocado.
- Meanwhile, preheat a counter-top or charcoal grill. Cook hot dogs until hot and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. (Alternatively, cook over medium heat in a large skillet, turning once.)
- Spread cut sides of buns with mustard.
- Place hot dogs in buns and spoon avocado relish on top.
- Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.