Load up on your veggies with this avocado and bean hummus dip. This Mediterranean-style appetizer is the perfect choice as an appetizer that is ready in minutes. This vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free dip goes will with sliced veggie sticks (carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers).
- 1 ea. 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained well
- 3 T. olive oil, plus more for serving, if desired
- 1-1/2 T. tahini
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 ea. garlic clove, peeled
- 2 ea. medium Avocados From Mexico
- 1/8 t. cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 T. finely chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional) to taste
- Pulse chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add avocados and cumin and pulse mixture until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute longer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired, serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top and sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper flakes.
- Serve with whole grain pita chips or tortilla chips.