- Marinated Peppers:
- 2 ea. poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, and seeded
- 1/2 c. water
- 3 T. white vinegar
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 ea. garlic clove, chopped
- 1 t. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1 ea. lemon, juiced
- 1/4 c. finely chopped white onion
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. chopped tomato (for garnish)
- In a zip-top bag, place water, vinegar, oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add the chiles to the mixture and let marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 8 hours (overnight is ideal).
- To make guacamole: Just prior to serving, mash avocados in a medium bowl. Add lemon juice, onion, olive oil, cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste.
- To serve: Drain the chiles, stuff with guacamole, garnish with tomato, and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!