Who needs a deli when you can make an avocadolicious sandwich at home? Layered with tuna, avocado and colorful veggies like lettuce and tomato this sandwich packs flavor the whole family can enjoy! Make your tuna on the weekend and be ready to spread on ciabatta bread with avocado for a tasty and satisfying lunch! Plus, this recipe features healthy avocados, which taste great and contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, including 11% of the Daily Value (DV) for dietary fiber, 10% of the DV for folate, 6% of the DV for vitamin E, 6% of the DV for potassium, 4% of the DV for vitamin C and 2% of the DV for iron per 50 g serving.
- 1 ea. 6-ounce can of tuna in water, drained
- 2 onion, minced
- 4 ea. slices of pickled jalapeño, minced
- 1/4 c. celery, small dice
- 1/2 c. corn kernels, cooked
- 1/2 ea. lemon, juiced
- 3 T. fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 ea. ciabatta bread or bolillo roll, sliced lengthwise & toasted
- 1 ea. tomato, sliced
- 2 ea. lettuce leaves
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- In a small bowl add tuna, onions, jalapeños, corn, lemon juice, and mayonnaise; mix until well combined.
- To assemble, place lettuce and tomato on bottom half of bread. Top with tuna mixture and avocado. Cover with top half of bread.