- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted & skin removed
- 2 T. whole-grain mustard
- 1 T. mayonnaise
- 1/2 t. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 t. kosher salt
- 2 T. salted butter
- 4 ea. slices seeded or whole grain bread
- 4 oz. Jarlsberg or other Swiss-style cheese
- 1/2 ea. honey crisp apple, cored & thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. black forest ham
- 2 t. clover honey
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until chunky-smooth. Add the mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar, and salt and mix until well combined.
- Spread 1/2 T. butter on one side of each piece of bread, and place on a cutting board, buttered-side down.
- Divide the avocado-mustard spread evenly among all 4 slices of bread. Add 1 oz. Jarlsberg on top of each piece of bread. Then, divide the apple slices among all 4 sandwiches, and top each with equal amount of ham. Drizzle each sandwich with 1/2 t. honey.
- Turn one stack upside down on top of another, ham-to-ham, to create two layered panini sandwiches with buttered-sides facing outwards.
- Preheat a griddle or grill-pan over medium heat. Place sandwiches onto griddle or pan and 3- 4 minutes per side, until bread is golden brown and crisp, and cheese is melty. Press down on sandwiches as they cook, if necessary.
- Cut paninis in half diagonally and serve immediately.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!