- 2 ea. small pitas, warmed or toasted
- 2 ea. eggs
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1 c. marinara sauce
- 2 T. mozzarella cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado and combine it with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a high-sided small skillet, heat the marinara sauce on medium-high heat until it's bubbling. Gently crack both eggs in the skillet next to each other, leaving a small gap. Cover, reduce heat, and allow to simmer for approximately 3 minutes.
- Evenly distribute the avocado mash between the warmed pitas. Once eggs are cooked, divide the eggs and sauce onto each pita. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon grated cheese on top of each pita and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!