- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 4 ea. whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1/3 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- 1 T. jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 t. lime zest
- 1 t. salt
- Gently stir all of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Form four equal-sized hamburger patties. Do this gently, so the avocado chunks remain whole.
- Heat an outdoor grill over medium heat. If cooking on a grill pan, be sure to coat with non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- When hot, cook the burgers for 5 minutes on each side, until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from heat.
- Place turkey burger patty on bun and serve dress with your favorite toppings (i.e. lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard and/or mayonnaise).
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!