- 1 ea. bag of 10 tostada shells
- 3 ea. chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 2 c. refried beans
- 2 c. lettuce, grated
- 2 ea. tomatoes, diced
- 1 c. cotija cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- Salsa Verde:
- 3 c. water
- 2 ea. cloves of garlic
- 4 ea. Serrano chilies
- 1/2 lb. tomatoes
- 1/2 ea. medium onion, minced
- 1 t. salt
- Salt to taste
- In a saucepan, bring water and 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil. Add garlic, Serrano chiles and green tomatillos. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a blender, place the garlic, Serrano chiles, tomatillos and salt to taste, and blend, adding the remaining liquid from cooking to obtain the desired consistency. Put in a bowl, add the minced onion and mix. Set aside and let cool.
- Home-make refried beans or put canned refried beans in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 4 minutes, stopping to stir at least once.
- To build tostadas, evenly distribute the refried beans over 10 tostada shells, spreading out to cover most of the base of shell. Then evenly divide lettuce, tomato, chicken and cheese between each. Add 1 tablespoon of sour cream on top of each tostada and top with 2 avocado slices. Serve with salsa verde.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!