Recipe by Pati Jinich
New York, New York! If you are looking for a trendy twist on guacamole, this New York Deli Guac is for you! Garnished with capers, smoked salmon and cream cheese, this side dish will have your friends begging for more. Pair with crostini for a snack or on a slice of whole grain toast for breakfast! Plus, the fresh avocado featured in this recipe is a heart-healthy fruit that provides naturally good fats, is low in saturated fat, is cholesterol-free and sodium-free.
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 3/4 c. English cucumber, diced
- 1/3 c. red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 T. capers, roughly chopped
- 2 T. dill, finely chopped
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 lb. cream cheese, diced
- 1/2 lb. nova smoked salmon, diced
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados to desired consistency.
- Fold in cucumbers, red onions, capers, dill, lemon, juice, and salt; mix until well combined. Top with cream cheese and salmon.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!