Rise and shine with a delicious breakfast pizza! Layered with braised brisket, cherry tomatoes, avocado, sunny side eggs and a fresh chimichurri sauce, this pizza is sure to make you look forward to morning! It can serve a family or provide multiple mornings of tasty goodness for just you!
- Slow Cooker Brisket:
- 2 lb. brisket, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 c. red wine
- 1/2 c. beef stock
- 2 T. kosher salt
- 2 T. ground black pepper
- 1 T. olive oil
- 5 ea. cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 ea. white onion, chopped
- 1 ea. large carrot, peeled
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. olive oil
- 1 ea. tube of prepared pizza dough
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ea. bunch flat leaf parsley
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 4 t. chopped fresh garlic
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. ground black pepper
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 T. olive oil, divided
- 3 ea. eggs
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, sliced
- Prepare brisket: season brisket with salt and pepper on all sides. In a large pan, heat olive oil over high heat. Place brisket in pan and sear about 5 minutes per side, until browned all over. Transfer brisket to the bowl of a slow cooker. Remove any excess fat from pan, then add garlic cloves, chopped onion, carrot, and oregano. Stir to combine. Add wine and beef stock to pan and deglaze for about 2 minutes, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour all ingredients into slow cooker and cook on low for 9 hours or overnight.
- Prepare pizza crust: preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a large cast-iron skillet. Remove pizza dough from package and press into skillet covering entire bottom and slightly up the sides. Bake according to package instructions and hold in a warm oven while you prepare the rest.
- Prepare chimichurri: in a blender or food processor, combine parsley, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper until finely chopped. With motor running, slowly add olive oil in a steam until well combined.
- Prepare toppings: Remove brisket from slow cooker and slice the into 1/4”-thick slices. Reserve juices. In a large skillet, heat 1/2 T. olive oil over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet and cook about 4 minutes for sunny-side up eggs (or to desired doneness). Remove from skillet and set aside. Add remaining 1/2 T. oil to skillet and add whole cherry tomatoes to pan, cooking about 5 minutes until blistered. Season immediately with sea salt.
- Assemble pizza: top the dough with sliced brisket, and spoon some of the reserved juices over the pizza. Fan avocado slices over the pizza, and place eggs on top. Add cherry tomatoes, and drizzle chimichurri over entire pizza. Serve immediately.
ADDITIONAL INSPIRATIONS: All these toppings make for an amazing cornbread skillet, too! Serve a heaping spoonful over hot buttered cornbread for a southern-inspired take.