- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 2 ea. packages of wonton dough
- 1-1/2 c. vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 ea. mozzarella cheese sticks, cut in half horizontally
- 1 ea. tomato, diced
- 3 T. heavy cream
- 1/8 t. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. liquid egg white
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl mash avocados and add a few drops of lemon juice, heavy cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the two pieces of wonton dough on a pan and cut into 12 pieces. Then place 1 slice of cheese in the middle lengthwise. Next, evenly distribute the diced tomatoes between each of the 12 wontons. Place on top of the cheese.
- To wrap the wontons, heavily brush egg white along the edges and seal all sides and press with a fork along the edges.
- Bring saucepan of oil to medium-high heat, approximately 325°F. Place 2 wontons in at a time and cook for 30-45 seconds, or until golden brown. Tip the pan to make sure wonton is covered in oil. Then flip and cook for the same amount of time. Repeat for remaining wontons. As wontons are done cooking, set on a paper towel to soak up remaining oil.
- Plate and serve with avocado cream.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!