Recipe by Pati Jinich
Add a blast of flavor and color to your guacamole by broiling roma tomatoes and folding into avocado with scallions, cilantro, chipotle chile and lime juice! Grab a chip, a cracker or raw veggie and enjoy a delicious dip! Plus, this recipe features healthy avocados, which taste great and contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, including 11% of the Daily Value (DV) for dietary fiber, 10% of the DV for folate, 6% of the DV for vitamin E, 6% of the DV for potassium, 4% of the DV for vitamin C and 2% of the DV for iron per 50 g serving.
- 1 ea. roma tomato
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 4 ea. stalks of scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 T. lime juice
- 2 ea. chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeded & finely chopped
- 1 t. salt
- Place the tomato under a broiler for 9 to 10 minutes until charred. When cooled, remove core and chop finely.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados to desired consistency.
- Fold in tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, lime juice, chipotle chile, and salt until well combined.