- 4 ea. thick slices of bread (challah or brioche work well)
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1 ea. large egg
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 T. butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Syrup or fruit jam to taste
- Carefully slice into each piece of bread to create a pocket for the mashed avocado.
- Mash the avocado and season with salt and pepper. Spread an even amount of avocado inside the pocket of each piece of bread.
- Beat the egg with the milk and dredge both sides of each bread slice in the mix.
- Heat the butter in a skillet on the stove over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, place the bread slices in the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until a golden color.
- Remove from heat and put 2 slices of French toast on each plate. Serve with syrup or fruit jam.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!