Recipe by Pati Jinich
- Half ripe Avocado From Mexico pitted, meat scooped out and sliced
- 1 slice of bread lightly toasted
- Red pepper flakes or 1 chile de arbol toasted, crumbled
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Credit: Pati Jinich
- As the slice of bread toasts, scoop out the avocado meat and slice.
- If using the chile de árbol, toast it on a small skillet set over medium heat, a minute per side. Remove from heat and chop or crumble.
- Place the bread on a plate, lay avocado slices on top, sprinkle with the red pepper flakes or crumbled chile de arbol, and sprinkle salt to taste. Munch up.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!