Hard workers have earned a vacation — and this vacation comes on a slice of sourdough. Our recipe combines creamy, fresh guacamole with tender pulled pork, marinated all day in a crock pot with fiery habanero and chili powder. Top with fresh mango slices and honey.
- 2 ea. sourdough bread, slices
- 1/4 ea. Mango, sliced
- Pulled Pork
- 1/4 lb. Pork loin
- 1/4 ea. Mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 ea. Green bell pepper, diced
- 1/8 ea. Yellow onion, diced
- 1/8 ea. Habanero pepper, minced
- 1/4 ea. Garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 t. Honey
- 1-1/2 t. Cilantro, chopped
- Chili powder, dash
- Paprika, dash
- Orange peel, diced, dash
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1/2 t. Lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- For the pulled pork: In a large crockpot, add pork loin, mango, bell pepper, yellow onion, habanero pepper, honey, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, paprika, and orange peel. Cook on low heat for approximately 8 hours or until the pork can easily pull apart and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a toaster, toast bread to desired crispness.
- For the guacamole: In a small bowl, mash avocados and stir in lemon juice. Salt to taste.
- Add pulled pork to guacamole and stir until well combined.
- Evenly distribute guacamole onto slices of toast and top with mango slices.
- Garnish with small amount of pulled pork and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!