- 2 c. cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3/4 c. barbecue sauce
- 1 ea. 6.5-oz. package cornbread muffin mix
- 1 ea. egg
- 1/3 c. milk
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 1 T. lime juice
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/4 c. cottage cheese (or queso fresco), crumbled
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 375°F according to cornbread mix package instructions. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine cooked shredded chicken, barbecue sauce, and lime juice until well-coated. The mixture should be thick.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, egg, milk, and butter and whisk until smooth. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of cornbread batter into each muffin tin (filling halfway). Place 1-2 tablespoons of chicken mixture on top of cornbread mixture and bake in oven according to cornbread package, about 15-20 minutes.
- After muffins have cooled for 5 minutes, use a knife to gently loosen the edges of muffins from tin. Place muffins on a serving platter and top with avocado, cheese, and cilantro as garnish. Serve with lime wedges.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!