Orange juice, tomato juice and lime juice, oh my! Jalapeño, fresh oysters, tequila and avocado make this a drink your taste buds will remember! Plus, this recipe features healthy avocados, which taste great and contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, including 11% of the Daily Value (DV) for dietary fiber, 10% of the DV for folate, 6% of the DV for vitamin E, 6% of the DV for potassium, 4% of the DV for vitamin C and 2% of the DV for iron per 50 g serving.
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1/2 c. tomato juice
- 1/3 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 ea. jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 ea. Avocado From Mexico, peeled, pitted & chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ea. fresh oysters, shelled
- 1/4 c. silver tequila
- 4 ea. lime wedges, for garnish
- Salt, for rimming glasses
- In a blender, combine orange juice, tomato juice, lime juice, and jalapeño until smooth. Transfer to a pitcher and chill for 1 hour.
- Rim 4 tequila shot glasses with salt and divide cubed avocado among each glass. Place 1 oyster in each glass and add 1 T. tequila. Each glass should be half filled.
- To serve, fill 4 additional shot glasses with the chilled red juice blend and give each person one shot of red juice, and one oyster/avocado tequila shot.
- When ready to drink, pour the red liquid shot into the oyster/avocado tequila shot and sip, squeeze a lime slice over each, and bite into the avocado pieces and the oyster at the end.