- Ginger Syrup:
- 4 oz. ginger, unpeeled, sliced into thin rounds and roughly chopped
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 ea. medium Avocados From Mexico
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1/2 c. plain or Greek-style yogurt
- 2-3 T. sugar
- 2 T. ginger syrup
- 1/4 t. ground cardamom
- To make the ginger syrup, place all ingredients for the ginger syrup in a medium size pot over high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat until the liquid remains at a steady simmer. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Strain the solids out of the syrup and let cool. Transfer to a covered jar or container and store in the refrigerator until needed (the syrup can be a made a few days in advance and will last in the fridge at least one month). There should be roughly one cup of syrup.
- To make the lassi, halve and pit the avocados and then scoop the flesh into the blender. Add the remaining ingredients and purée until smooth. Add in ginger syrup and blend until combined.
- Evenly distribute lassi into 2 chilled glasses and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!