- 1/2 lb. white fish (such as cod, sole, rockfish, tilapia, or pollock), diced small
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 c. seeded and chopped tomato
- 1/2 c. cucumber, peeled, seeded, finely diced
- 1/2 c. red onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 1 t. jalapeño, minced
- 6 ea. shrimp, grilled and chilled
- 6 ea. lime wedges
- 6 ea. cilantro sprigs
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced into rings
- Fresh lime juice as needed
- Kosher salt as needed
- Combine fish and lime juice in bowl, tossing well to coat fish. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or until fish is white throughout. Remove from fridge and place fish in strainer to drain off lime juice. Press gently on fish to squeeze out any additional lime juice.
- Place drained fish in bowl and add tomato, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, cumin, and jalapeño. Fold to incorporate, mixing well. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Best used the same day. Discard after 2 days.
- For each serving, dip rim of martini glass into lime juice. Dip rim of glass in salt, like a margarita. Place 1/2 cup ceviche in glass. Top with 1 avocado ring and tuck one shrimp into the center of the ring. Garnish with lime wedge and cilantro sprig.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!