- 4 ea. large eggs
- 2 c. fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1-1/4 c. pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, and diced
- 1/4 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 c. fresh herbs (Options: basil, oregano, thyme)
- 1 T. olive or avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat the bottom of a baking dish with oil.
- In a pan, boil or steam the pumpkin at medium-high heat until it is slightly tender, approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Place a layer of the pumpkin on the bottom of the baking dish and place the red onion on top. On top of the onion, place a layer of avocado.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, herbs, salt and pepper until they are mixed. Stir in the spinach and then pour the mix over the pumpkin, onion and avocado mix.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in oven for approximately 45 minutes. Make sure edges are browned and sizzling. Remove from heat, slice and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!