Grilling a sandwich takes it to a whole new level! Layered with avocado, turkey, mozzarella and more, this sandwich is a game changer. Pickled jalapeños add just the right twist to set this sandwich apart from the others! Plus, the fresh avocado featured in this recipe is a heart-healthy fruit that provides naturally good fats, is low in saturated fat, is cholesterol-free and sodium-free.
- 4 ea. sandwich rolls, sliced lengthwise
- 1 ea. 16-ounce can of refried beans
- 3 T. pickled jalapeños, finely chopped
- 8 oz. turkey deli meat
- 1/3 c. onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ea. large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 T. butter
- Evenly spread refried beans on the bottom halves of each roll; sprinkle with jalapeños. Layer with turkey, onions, tomatoes, avocados, and cheese; close sandwich.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches in skillet and place a heavy dish on top. Cook for 4 minutes on each side until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!