- 18 ea. corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil to brush sheet pans
- Kosher or sea salt to season tostaditas and avocado slices
- 1/2 c. Mexican crema
- 2 T. adobo sauce from chipotles in adobo
- 1/2 c. queso fresco, crumbled
- 3 T. cilantro, finely chopped
- zest of a lime, plus lime slices to squeeze onto avocado slices
- 2 c. refried beans, warmed
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, ripe, halved, pitted, meat scooped out, and cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make the tostaditas, use a 3” circular cookie cutter to cut the corn tortillas into small rounds.
- Brush a couple large sheet pans, or work in batches, with vegetable oil. Arrange the tortilla rounds on the sheet pans in a single layer, with about an inch of space between each round.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, flipping the tortilla rounds once halfway through, until crisped up and tanned. Sprinkle lightly with salt and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix together the crema and sauce from chipoltes in adobo in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the queso, onion, cilantro, and lime zest.
- To assemble, spread a generous tablespoon of refried beans on a tostadita and cover with avocado slices. Sprinkle a little salt and a squeeze of lime juice on the avocado, then spoon on about two generous teaspoons of the chipotle crema and garnish with the queso fresco mixture. Repeat with the remaining tostaditas.