These Avocado Potato Poppers are great for a party-pleasing appetizer or as a side dish at dinner! They’ll leave your guests wanting more.
- 8 ea. Yukon gold potatoes, washed
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/2 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ea. Slices of bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 c. Milk
- 1/4 c. Sour cream
- 1/4 c. Chives, chopped
- 1 t. Lemon juice
- To taste, Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF degrees.
- Stab the top of the potatoes a couple times each with a fork, and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes approximately 30 minutes, or until you can easily press a fork into them. Turn the oven down to 350ºF degrees.
- Carefully spoon out the inside of the potato, and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- In a blender, add the potato, avocado, sour cream, milk and lemon juice. Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Transfer potato mixture back to large bowl and add the cheese, bacon, chives and salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully, evenly spoon the loaded potato mixture into the potatoes, and place them back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once potatoes are twice baked, allow potatoes to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!