Avo Broccoli Tots are the perfect veggie addition to any party or family gathering! Full of broccoli, sweet potato, avocado and flavored with oregano and garlic, these tots are full of flavor and a perfect snack.
- 2 ea. Heads of broccoli (florets), chopped
- 2 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ea. Large egg
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico
- 1 c. Sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 c. Plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 ea. Onion, diced
- 1-1/2 t. Garlic powder
- 1 t. Oregano
- 1 t. Onion powder
- To taste, Salt and pepper
- As needed, Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees and prepare a baking sheet with foil and cooking spray.
- In a large food processor, add broccoli, sweet potato and onion (you might have to work in batches). Grind the following ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add the broccoli mixture, cheddar cheese, avocado, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into a “tot” form, and spread them out evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Allow the tots to cool for approximately 10 minutes before serving.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!