Stuffed with avocado, three cheeses, rice and pistachios, these Avo Arancini Bites will have all your guests talking! Lightly fried to perfection, they are the perfect blend of creamy and savory!
- 4 c. Vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 c. Chicken broth
- 3/4 c. Arborio rice, uncooked
- 2/3 c. Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c. Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 ea. Egg, beaten
- 1 T. Pistachios, crushed
- 1 T. Parsely, finely chopped
- 1/2 t. Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small pot, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add rice and bring down to a simmer. Place a lid on the pot and allow to cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together pistachios, mozzarella cheese, fontina cheese, parsley, avocado and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add egg, parmesan cheese, cooked rice, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the rice mixture into 12 parts, and roll into balls.
- Press a hole in the middle of each of the balls with your thumb, and carefully spoon the avocado mixture into the ball. Close the hole, and role into breadcrumbs to form avo arancini bites.
- Refrigerate the avo arancini bites for at least one hour.
- In a medium pot, warm vegetable oil to approximately 350ºF degrees.
- Carefully, place the arancini balls into the vegetable oil for approximately 4 minutes each, flipping halfway through. Work in batches until you have completed this step for each of the balls.
- Once all avo arancini bites are fried, place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.